Archbishop Gustavo Garcia-Siller unveiled his vision for the archdiocese of San Antonio, below are the three priorities. To read the entire proclamation, please click on the link below for more information.
Priority 1: The New Evangelization
Proclaiming the Good News with joy, zeal and renewed spirit!
• Goal 1: Develop 4-8 parish leaders in 30-45 parishes and missions in a
New Evangelization training series by August 31, 2015
• Goal 2: Increase Sunday Mass participation across the Archdiocese on
average from 152,000 to 160,000-165,000 by October 31, 2015
Priority 2: Catechesis and Formation
Growing in our faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ!
• Goal 1: Recruit and Certify 650-950 catechists from all Deaneries at
least at the Introductory Level by August 31, 2015
• Goal 2: Enroll 300-500 families in a selected Faith Formation program
by October 14, 2015
Priority 3: Youth & Young Adults
Emerging Disciples of Christ!
• Goal 1: Enroll 20-24 new seminarians in formation for priestly
ordination in the Archdiocese of San Antonio by August 31, 2015
• Goal 2: Sponsor and Charter a leadership team of 8-12 persons to assess and develop models of effective youth ministry in service to the
Archdiocese and vibrant parish life by April 1, 2014